Pre Paint Inspections
The pre paint inspection stage is one of the most important new home inspections you can do. This is because once the painting and tiling is finished, defects may become hidden. This means you may not find out about them until after you have moved into your new home.
After a house is plastered and the internal fix has been completed is when the pre paint inspection is conducted. The internal fix includes doors being hung, architraves and skirting boards being fitted, internal cladding, built-in shelves, baths, basins, troughs, sinks, cabinets and cupboards have been fixed into position.
There are many things we look for when we do a pre paint inspection. As we have been doing new home inspections for many years, throughout Melbourne, we know what to look out for!
Our Pre Paint Checklist Includes:
- Installation of doors and windows
- Toilet door opens out or is removable
- Smoke alarms
- Installation of skirting boards and architraves
- Shower bases are correctly installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Pergolas, decks, patios, verandahs, carports and sheds (especially in relation to structural adequacy)
- Safety glass
- Safety switches
- Vermin proofing
- Step heights comply with Building Code
- Balustrade meets safety standards
- Ceiling heights meet the habitable and non-habitable room minimum
The following are just some of defects we find when we do a pre paint inspection:
Cornice and ceiling line not straight
Skirting bowed wall not straight
Joinery short of floor
cornice line not parallel with brickwork
Wall not in line with doors
Ceiling bowed not level
With our detailed pre paint inspection report you will be able to negotiate with your builder in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with your new home being the standard you have paid for. Remember - it is much easier to get defects and faults fixed before you move in.
Our fees start at $300 (inc GST) and our reports are available within 24 hours.
The other types of new home inspections we do include:
No matter what stage of build you are at for your new home, we can provide an inspection. This way you will ensure everything is being built to Australian standards. You will know what you're buying and have peace of mind.