Building and Pest Inspections
Our pre purchase building and pest inspections will provide you with peace of mind and potentially save you a lot of money. You can choose to have either pre purchase building inspection or pest inspection or both.
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Our pre purchase building inspection will identify all major structural issues - even ones that are hidden. We will check for any brick and mortar deterioration, poor external drainage, cracked walls, rising damp and subsiding foundations. We will highlight any roof damage including broken tiles and sheets as well as damaged drain pipes and gutters. We will also let you know about any small defects so there are no costly surprises if you decide to purchase the property.
Our checklist includes:
- Flooring - including floorboards, tiling and skirting boards
- Plasterwork, paintwork and sealants
- Ceilings - including cornice lines
- All fixtures and fittings
- Bathrooms - including showers, bathtubs, vanities,toilets etc
- Kitchens -including benches, splashbacks, shelving, pantry etc
- Laundry - including troughs and benches
- Doors - including handles, locks and door margins
- Roof frame
- Gutters and drain pipes
- Brickwork and cladding
- Tree root damage
- Fire hazards
- Safety switches and fire alarms
- Steps and staircases
- Any outbuildings
With our detailed pre purchase building inspection report you will be able to negotiate with the vendor in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with a home where there are no unwelcome surprises down the track.
Our fees start from $250 (inc GST)
Pre-Purchase Pest Inspections
Our pest inspection will ensure that you know about any pest infestations - especially termites - before you buy. We will report any pest damage using the latest technological equipment. We will check for termites, borers, wood rot and fungal decay. It is estimated that around 1 in 5 homes in Melbourne will have termite damage at same stage. Worse still, most insurance companies don't cover termite damage.
Our checklist includes:
- Interior of building - check for mould in wet areas, leaks from water and drainage pipes
- Exterior of building - check plumbing, ventilation and making sure pipes are not too close to the outside wall
- Roof void - check ventilation and moisture content level
- Sub floor - check ventilation, water leakage, soil build ups and waste material
- Check boundary fences and outbuildings for evidence of pest infestation
- Check trees on the property for evidence of pest infestation
With our detailed pre purchase pest inspection report you will be able to negotiate with the vendor in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with a home where there are no unwelcome surprises down the track.
Our rates start from $250 (inc GST)
Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspections
For complete peace of mind we offer a combined pre purchase building and pest inspection. Our combined report will provide you with the information about the condition of the property you are considering purchasing - so you know what you are buying!
Our rates start from $450 (inc GST)
With our detailed pre purchase building and pest inspection report you will be able to negotiate with the vendor in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with a home where there are no unwelcome surprises down the track.