New Home Inspections Lysterfield
Carrying out a new home inspection is the best way to protect your investment in your new home in the Melbourne suburb of Lysterfield. This will ensure that all work in your new home has been completed to an acceptable standard before you move in.
Just because your home is new, doesn't mean you can assume that it does not have any faults. The only way to make sure you know the condition of your new home in Lysterfield is to have a new home inspection. This needs to be done before you make final payment to your builder. This is because it is usually harder to get faults fixed when payment has already been made.
Usually a new home inspection is carried out when your builder has finished a stage of the build, and a progress payment is due. We will identify any defects in your new home in Lysterfield, as well as any non compliant issues. We use a detailed checklist that will identify defects.
Our New Home Inspection Checklist Includes:
- Flooring - including floorboards, tiling and skirting boards
- Plasterwork, paintwork and sealants
- Ceilings - including cornice lines
- All fixtures and fittings, including staircases
- Bathrooms - including showers, bathtubs, vanities,toilets etc
- Kitchens -including benches, splashbacks, shelving, pantry etc
- Laundry - including troughs and benches
- Internal doors -including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Roof frame - including insulation
- Brickwork and cladding
- Steps, staircases and balconies
- External doors - including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Paintwork and sealant
- Any outbuildings
If you want to end up with a home to the standard you have paid for, then our detailed new home building report will enable you to negotiate with your builder in a strong position. Just keep in mind that is much easier to get the defects and faults fixed before you move into your dream home in Lysterfield.
Our fees start at $300 (inc GST) and our reports are available within 24 hours.
At New Home Building Inspections we have nearly 30 years experience in the building industry. We are a division of Building Solutions Australia, which was established in 1993. Your dreams are our priority. We have the knowledge and experience to identify issues. These issues could save you from costly repairs if they remain undetected.
Your home in Lysterfield is the biggest investment you can make. That's why you need a new home inspection to ensure there are no costly issues that need to be fixed once you have moved in.