New Home Inspections Lilydale
Thinking about the best way to protect your investment in your new home in the Melbourne suburb of Lilydale, but not sure how to do this? The answer is to have a new home inspection carried out. This provides assurance that all work in your new home has been completed to an acceptable standard before you move in.
Just because your home is new, you can't assume that it does not have any faults. A new home inspection is the only way for you to make sure you know what you're buying. This is especially true as it is usually harder to get faults fixed once the payment is made to your builder
In addition to doing an inspection before final payment is made, it is recommended that various building inspections are carried out during the build. This is usually done at stages of the build when a progress payment is due. At each stage, we identify any defects in your new home, as well as any non compliant issues. We do this by using a detailed checklist that identifies defects at every stage of the build of your new home in Lilydale.
Our New Home Inspection Checklist Includes:
- Flooring - including floorboards, tiling and skirting boards
- Plasterwork, paintwork and sealants
- Ceilings - including cornice lines
- All fixtures and fittings, including staircases
- Bathrooms - including showers, bathtubs, vanities,toilets etc
- Kitchens -including benches, splashbacks, shelving, pantry etc
- Laundry - including troughs and benches
- Internal doors -including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Roof frame - including insulation
- Brickwork and cladding
- Steps, staircases and balconies
- External doors - including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Paintwork and sealant
- Any outbuildings
You can now negotiate with your builder in a strong position with our detailed new home building report. This ensures that you end up with a home to the standard you have paid for. It is important to bear in mind that it is much easier to get defects and faults fixed before you move into your dream home in Lilydale.
Our fees start at $300 (inc GST) and our reports are available within 24 hours.
At New Home Building Inspections we have nearly 30 years experience in the building industry. We are a division of Building Solutions Australia, which was established in 1993. Your dreams are our priority. We have the knowledge and experience to identify issues. These issues could save you from costly repairs if they remain undetected.
Your home in Lilydale is the biggest investment you can make. That's why it's so important to get a new home inspection. It is the only way to be sure that there are no costly issues that need to be fixed.