New Home Building Inspections in Yarra Ranges
The most effective way to protect your investment in your new home in the Shire of Yarra Ranges is to have a new home building inspection carried out. This will ensure that all work in your new home has been completed to an acceptable standard before you move in.
It is often assumed that a new home does not have any defects. Unfortunately this is not true. The only way to make sure you know the condition of your new home is to have a new home building inspection. It really is a small investment to make sure you know what you're buying.
A new home inspection definitely needs to be done before you make final payment to your builder. This is because it is usually much harder to get faults fixed once payment is made.
However, in addition to doing an inspection before final payment is made, it is recommended that various building inspection are carried out when your builder has finished a stage of the build, and a progress payment is due. At each stage, we will identify any defects in your new home, as well as any non compliant issues. We use a detailed checklist that will identify defects at every stage of the build.
Our New Home Building Inspection Checklist Includes:
- Flooring - including floorboards, tiling and skirting boards
- Plasterwork, paintwork and sealants
- Ceilings - including cornice lines
- All fixtures and fittings, including staircases
- Bathrooms - including showers, bathtubs, vanities,toilets etc
- Kitchens -including benches, splashbacks, shelving, pantry etc
- Laundry - including troughs and benches
- Internal doors -including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Roof frame - including insulation
- Brickwork and cladding
- Steps, staircases and balconies
- External doors - including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Paintwork and sealant
- Any outbuildings
With our detailed new home building report you will be able to negotiate with your builder in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with a home to the standard you have paid for. Remember that it is much easier to get defects and faults fixed before you move in.
Our fees start at $300 (inc GST) and our reports are available within 24 hours.
At New Home Building Inspections we have nearly 30 years experience in the building industry. We are a division of Building Solutions Australia, which was established in 1993. Your dreams are our priority. We have the knowledge and experience to identify issues. These issues could save you from costly repairs if the undetected. Your home is the biggest investment you can make.