New Home Building Inspections in Knox
The best way to protect your investment in your new home in Knox is to have a new home building inspection carried out. This is the only way you can make sure that all the work in your new home has been completed to an acceptable standard before you move in.
Unfortunately you can't assume that just because your new Knox home is new that it does not have any faults. That's why you need a new home building inspection undertaken. This needs to be done before you make final payment to your builder. This is because it is usually much harder to get faults fixed once payment is made.
Usually a new home building inspection is carried out when your builder has finished a stage of the build, and a progress payment is due. We will identify any defects in your new home, as well as any non compliant issues. We use a detailed checklist that will identify defects.
The Knox Suburbs We Service Include:
Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Rowville, Scoresby, The Basin, Wantirna and Wantirna South
Our New Home Building Inspection Checklist Includes:
- Flooring - including floorboards, tiling and skirting boards
- Plasterwork, paintwork and sealants
- Ceilings - including cornice lines
- All fixtures and fittings, including staircases
- Bathrooms - including showers, bathtubs, vanities,toilets etc
- Kitchens -including benches, splashbacks, shelving, pantry etc
- Laundry - including troughs and benches
- Internal doors -including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Roof frame - including insulation
- Brickwork and cladding
- Steps, staircases and balconies
- External doors - including handles, locks and whether hung straight
- Paintwork and sealant
- Any outbuildings
With our detailed new home building report you will be able to negotiate with your builder in a strong position. This will make sure that you end up with your home in Casey to the standard you have paid for. Remember that it is much easier to get defects and faults fixed before you move in.
Our fees start at $300 (inc GST) and our reports are available within 24 hours.
At New Home Building Inspections we have nearly 30 years experience in the building industry. We are a division of Building Solutions Australia, which was established in 1993. Your dreams are our priority. We have the knowledge and experience to identify issues. These issues could save you from costly repairs if the undetected. Your home is the biggest investment you can make.